At the WVU Cancer Institute, we strive to be a catalyst for improving cancer care through interdisciplinary basic, clinical, translational, and population sciences research. We are dedicated to implementing disease prevention strategies, facilitating early detection and accurate diagnosis, providing optimal therapeutic outcomes, and enhancing multidisciplinary care, while providing opportunities for professional development, collaboration, and continued education.
To attain these goals, we must take advantage of intellectual resources and build upon the land-grant mission of West Virginia University. We encourage all faculty who have a cancer-related interest in clinical care, research, or education to become members of the WVU Cancer Institute.
Member benefits include:
- Opportunities to apply for internal funding, grants, and sponsored student support
- Notifications of outside cancer-related funding opportunities
- Opportunities to participate in program development
- Scientific and administrative support for the development of investigator-initiated clinical trials and grant applications
- Opportunities to highlight work in WVU Cancer Institute promotional materials
- Increased visibility among potential collaborators through the WVU Cancer Institute membership directory, profile submissions, and presentations
- Opportunities to nominate speakers for WVU Cancer Institute’s established and supported seminar series
To apply, complete the membership application form.